If you are using Windows 7, I hope you have discovered the Snipping Tool. I really have no idea how I ever lived without it. This tool allows you to easily take a snapshot of anything that is on your computer screen. You can save the snip as a picture to your computer or copy it to your clipboard. You can even add annotations to your snip. Check out how to use it it here on the Windows site.
How do I use it in the classroom?
1. Screen captures to use in interactive flipcharts. I just snip, copy, and paste right into my flipcharts.
2. Snip parts of websites I want to share with my students and save as a picture.
3. Piece tests together on one page using snips of questions.
4. Create screen shot tutorials for my class or staff at my school.
5. Create picture collages for writing activities.
The possibilities are endless with this little tool!