Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Handy Scanner App

imageOnce upon a time I had a scanner in my classroom that was the best thing coming. No more trips to the copier! I loved my scanner, and it is still used in my classroom, but mostly by my students. Why is that you ask? I discovered Cam Scanner in the Android market.

With Cam Scanner, I can scan documents and pictures and automatically convert them to PDF files right from my phone. At first, I was a bit skeptical about the quality of the document I would get from using my phone to scan, but it works just as good, if not better than an old school scanner!

After scanning a document, you can email it, send it to Dropbox, and share it via IM. I send most of my scans to Dropbox, open them on my computer and print. Love it, love it, love it! I can also add them to my Good Reader on my iPad since they are PDF files. You can read about how I use Dropbox and Good Reader here. This handy app is also available for the iPhone and iTouch.

How do I use it?

*To scan pictures my students have brought in to make slideshow.
*To scan documents I want to copy.
*To scan a page of a textbook that I want to display on my Promethean board.
*To scan written paperwork that I have to turn in to administration and keep a copy for myself.

Try it out! Cam Scanner has saved me loads of time and has freed up some desk space!

Signature

1 comment:

  1. Cool! I'll have to give this a try. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete