Saturday, July 30, 2011

Classroom Creations and A Little Blabber

Hello there friends! I hope everyone is having a great weekend. I have been working away on some classroom items today, and I have redesigned my entire class website…whew. I figured if I was going to redo my classroom, my website needed to match. Yes friends…I am that OCD!

Check it out here if you wish, but keep in mind that a lot of things are blank because they will not get filled in until school starts up. Maybe you can get some ideas. When the school year gets underway, I will be sharing some tips for making your website worthwhile for your parents, students, and other teachers.

image

I have also been playing around with a website that my friend Mrs. Mauney recommended, and I thought I would share it with everyone. The website is called Blabberize. First, let me confess that I watched the introductory video a few times because it totally cracked me up! You should at least visit the site to get a good laugh.

So what does it do? You can take any picture and make it talk. Fun, fun stuff! I can’t wait to use it when my students write animal research papers this year. I am going to have them share their research by making the animal they researched talk. It is so, so simple. You just upload a picture, upload some audio, and then click on the mouth of the animal/person you want to deliver the message. The possibilities here are endless!

image

If you are still reading, you haven’t clicked Blabberize yet because I promise you wouldn’t be back for a while. It is too funny!

Have a great Sunday, and come on back for some turquoise and green polka dot themed library labels and other fun stuff I will be sharing this coming week for FREE. I am putting the finishing touches on them now!

Signature

No comments:

Post a Comment